Redness, Rosacea, & Visible Vein Treatments
The Excel V 532 wavelength is 5 times better absorbed by the red component in blood (oxyhemoglobin) than the VBeam and is the gold standard for vascular lasers.
The inner aspect of the blood vessel is heated as the laser pulse is applied. Over time, the vessel will collapse, and the blood flow will cease, leading to less redness and “visible veins”.
There are 2 wavelengths: 532 and 1064nm which allow for a wider spectrum of treatment options, less treatment sessions, and higher degree of safety.
Conditions Treatable with the EXCEL V+ include:
- Poikiloderma of Civatte
- Cherry Angiomas
- Port Wine Stains
- Diffuse Redness
- Telangiectasias (broken capillaries)
- Leg Veins including Spider Veins and Reticular Veins (no injections, no compression hose)
- Blue Veins around the Eyes and Temple
- Hair Removal in Dark Skin Types
- Venous Lakes
Additional treatments available using the Excel V+ are:
- Laser Genesis (1064) – Gentle painless heating of the skin to improve pigmentation, redness, and to promote collagen
- Green Genesis (532) – More aggressive than the 1064 with better pigment control. Can only be performed on lighter skin types 1-3
The Dermastat is a new handpiece for treating telangiectasias and pigmentation in difficult areas such as around the nose. It offers high power for maximum efficacy.
How we treat Pigmented lesions
Skincare is required to optimize results when treating pigmentation problems. A consultation with one of our aestheticians will develop a tailored personalized skincare regime. Often this will include a tretinoin or retinol, skin lightener – hydroquinone or non-hydroquinone, vitamin C, as well as growth factors.
There are a variety of chemical peels available the Aesthetic Clinique. We offer low downtime superficial peels.
- Lactic acid 2%
- Glycolic 20 or 30%
- Stimulator Peel
- Illuminize Peel
- Vitalize Peel
- Rejuvenize Peel
- ZO 3 Step Peel
There are many lasers that can take care of pigmentation at The Aesthetic Clinique
- LaserMD Ultra
- Excel V – Laser Genesis and Green Genesis
- Spectra and Spectra Hollywood Peel
- Spendor X – 755nm
- Sciton Halo
- Sciton BBL HERO