STEVEN F. WEINER, MD
Board Certified in Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgeon. Specializing in Facial Plastic Surgery
Steven F. Weiner MD received his undergraduate training from U.C.L.A and graduated Magna Cum Laude with a BS in Biology. He completed his Medical School training at the University of Michigan (Go Blue!). He interned in General Surgery and completed his Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery residency at the prestigious Johns Hopkins Hospital. He continued at Hopkins as an instructor and fellow in Neurolaryngology for 2 years in the Department of Head and Neck Surgery/Facial Plastic Surgery.
Dr Steven Weiner established his private practice in Thomasville, Georgia with great success for 10 years. His surgical duties included facial trauma call, tumor excisions of the face and neck, facial reconstructions after extensive skin cancer excisions, and cosmetic facial plastic surgery. In mid 2005 he envisioned the future of cosmetic procedures as non-surgical and “laid down his scalpel”. He began concentrating 100% of his efforts in non-invasive and minimally invasive cosmetic procedures and established The Aesthetic Clinique in Santa Rosa Beach, Florida.
Dr Steven Weiner brings to The Aesthetic Clinique extensive experience. He started using BOTOX® in 1994 for treating spasms of the face and neck as well as TMJ disorders related to muscle tension. He began using lasers in his internship, 1984, and has substantial training on the physics and safety of lasers. His complete surgical experience has been exclusively dedicated to the face and neck, making him extremely knowledgeable about the anatomy, tissue characteristics, healing, and diseases of this area.
Dr Steven F. Weiner has an extensive lecturing and teaching schedule. He is frequently asked to speak at international conferences in Europe, Asia, Australia, and South America. He is one of the top physician trainers for Galderma (Restylane, Lyft, Sculptra, Dysport, Refyne, Defyne, and Kysse) and participates in their “Train the Trainer” where he trains the Galderma trainers. He has been invited to several advisory boards, including Galderma, Revance, Lutronic, Suneva, and Allergan.
Acne scars has become a special interest to Dr. Weiner. Dr. Weiner believes that Radiofrequency Microneedling (RFM) is a game changing technology for acne scars due to its safety, less downtime, and deeper penetration than traditional laser treatments. He has been recognized as one of the world’s leading experts in acne scar treatments. Using multiple modalities, Dr. Weiner can treat patients that fly in and out on the same day at treatment.
Dr. Weiner has brought or popularized several innovations to the aesthetic industry. These include:
- “reJAWvenation” – his trademarked technique for enhancing and restoring the jawline with dermal fillers and cannulas.
- Ultrasound imaging for facial fillers – using duplex ultrasound to visualize anatomy, vascular mapping, previously placed filler, filler complications (nodules, granulomas, vascular occlusion), and ultrasound guided injections. Dr. Weiner was one of the first physicians in the US to use ultrasound in his clinic for facial fillers and continues to write papers, perform research, and train physicians and injectors.
- Radiofrequency Microneedling – being one of the first adopters of RFM, Dr. Weiner helped popularize the procedure with his lectures, papers, and writing the definitive chapter summarizing the technology in the Facial Plastic Clinics of North America. He also performed FDA trials for the Lutronic Genius RFM. He is one of the world’s authorities on RFM.
- Blunt microcannulas for fillers – Dr. Weiner was one of the early adopters of cannulas for fillers and developed techniques with the cannulas for safer patient outcomes.
- “Superficial Skin Block” – using the Mesoram device to assist in anesthetizing patients for lasers, RFM, and microwave devices.
- Sculptra for butt enhancement and cellulite – one of the earliest physicians to use Sculptra on the body to enhance the buttocks and improve the appearance of cellulite dimples.
Dr. Weiner’s hobbies include Peloton, Tonal, soccer, bocce, running, stand up paddle boarding, and poker. He is a WPT (World Poker Tour) Main Event Champion. He enjoys walking on the beach with his 2 dogs, Willow and Ruth, with his wife Sandy, and 2 girls, Alex and Sydney.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Valedictorian, University High School, Los Angeles, 1980
- Magna Cum Laude, UCLA
- Chancellor’s Scholar, UCLA
- Medical Degree, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
- Internship, General Surgery, The Johns Hopkins Hospital
- Residency, Head and Neck Surgery, Facial Plastic Surgery, The Johns Hopkins Hospital
- Fellowship, Academic Otolaryngology, The Johns Hopkins Hospital
- Fellowship Neurolaryngology, The Johns Hopkins Hospital
- Faculty Member, Instructor, The Johns Hopkins Hospital, 2 years
- Board Certified, American Board of Otolaryngology
- Fellow American Society of Laser Medicine and Surgery
- Member of the Johns Hopkins Medical and Surgical Association
- Private Practice Thomasville, Georgia, 10 years
- Aesthetic Clinique opening August 2005 in Gulf Place, moved to Redfish Village 2008
- Medical License – Florida. Inactive in: Maryland, North Carolina, and Georgia
- Laser Surgery experience since 1988 (YAG, CO2, Argon, IPL, Erbium 1550, Pulsed Dye, Diode, Thulium, KTP, Q-switched YAG 1064, 532)
- BOTOX® Injecting experience since 1994
- Has been/currently a Physician Preceptor for the Fraxel Dual, Infini, Genius, Spectra Laser
- Has been a Physician Trainer of Advanced Injection Techniques for BOTOX, Juvéderm, and Evolence
- Participated in 2 Clinical Trials of Juvéderm
- Participated in clinical trials for Fraxel and Thermage CPT
- Participated in clinical research for BOTOX Cosmetic
- Participated in clinical research for SkinMedica skincare
- National Society of Cosmetic Physicians – Associate
- Sculptra Aesthetic, Restylane, Restylane Silk, Restylane Lyft, Dysport, Refyne, and Defyne Physician Trainer and Lecturer since 2015
- Lecturer for Lutronic Infini (Microneedling Fractional RF)
- Physician Advisory Committee – Bellafill since 2014
- Regional Training Center – Bellafill since 2015
- Clinical trials for Lutronic’s Infini – New tip design – 2016
- Founding member of the Cearna “Dedicated to Low Bruising” group – 2017
- FDA Trials on Lutronic Genius – 2018
- Clinical Trial of combination of neck treatment, Infini, and LaseMD – 2018
- Clinical Trial Aerolase neck rejuvenation – 2018
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
- Allergan (Botox, Juvéderm, Latisse) Platinum Plus status, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Galderma (Restylane, Restylane Lyft, Restylane Silk, Sculptra, Dysport) Chairman Level Recognition (top 1% in US) 2012, 2013
- SkinMedica Double Diamond Status, 2011, 2012 (Top 30 account in US, one of the top 5 single MD practices)
- Black Elite Status for Radiesse – Highest Volume Level 2013
- Galderma Presidential Champion 2014, 2015 (Highest Level of Recognition)
- Aesthetic Everything Diamond Crystal Award for Top Aesthetic Doctor 2017
- Aesthetic Everything Diamond Crystal Award for Top Facial Plastic Surgeon East 2017
- Aesthetic Everything Diamond Crystal Award for Top Cosmetic Center 2017
- Aesthetic Everything Diamond Crystal Award for Top YouTube Videos 2017
- Allergan (Botox, Juvéderm, Latisse) Platinum Plus Status: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015. Gold Status: 2016, 2017, 2018
- Acne Scar Center of Excellence – Bellafill since 2017
- Lutronic Laser Center of Excellence – 2018
- Galderma Presidential Elite (Highest Level of Recognition) – 2016, 2017
- Top Aesthetic Doctor – Aesthetic Everything Award 2017
- Top Facial Plastic Surgeon East – Aesthetic Everything Award 2017
- Top Cosmetic Center – Aesthetic Everything Award 2017
- Top YouTube Videos – Aesthetic Everything Award 2017
- Best Aesthetic Practice in US – Aesthetic Show Award 2018
- Realself Most Loved Injector – 2017
- Realself Top 500 – 2017
- Realself Top 100 – 2018
- Top 100 Aesthetic Injector – BestAestheticInjectors.com 2018
- America’s Top Plastic Surgeon – Consumer’s Research Council of America 2016
- White Paper: “Fraxel re:pair, clinical experience with first 50 patients”
- White Paper: “A Review of Radio Frequency for Skin Tightening – Finally! A Radiofrequency System That Makes Sense: The Infini From Lutronic”
- Fraxel re:pair and Fraxel Dual before and after photos for Solta Medical’s website, sales team, and booth at conventions
- Fraxel Dual photos used for Solta’s national advertising campaign in multiple professional magazines
- Fraxel Dual photos published in New Beauty Magazine
- CoolSculpting before and after photos published in Zeltiq’s nationally distributed pamphlets for CoolSculpting
- Infini before and after photos published in their national sales brochure.
- Clinical Experience Primary Axillary Hyperhidrosis Treatment Using High Intensity
- Focused Fractional Radiofrequency Microneedling- 2018
- Effectiveness of Combining High-Intensity Focused Radiofrequency and Non-ablative Fractional Laser for Improving the Appearance of the Aging Face and Neck – 2018
- Case Report Use of Pronox during Infini and PRP Treatment – 2018
- Multi-Center Pilot Study to Evaluate the Safety Profile of High Energy Fractionated Radiofrequency with Insulated Microneedles to Multiple Levels of the Dermis – 2016