Sun Damage & Age Spots
We offer a variety of services to help minimize the appearance of sun damage
We are proud to offer an array of cutting-edge options to combat sun damage and age spots. Our team will work with you to create an individualized treatment plan for more youthful-looking skin.
Treating Sun Damage and Age Spots
While most everyone enjoys spending time in the sunshine, too much sun can cause damage to the skin. Sun damage, also known as photoaging, is the premature aging of the skin due to prolonged exposure to the sun’s UVA and UVB radiation.
This may lead to conditions such as age spots. Age spots are small, flat, dark areas on the skin. They can vary in size and most often appear on areas of the skin that are often exposed to the sun such as the hands, arms, face, and neck. These are known as “age spots” because they are very common in adults over the age of 50, however, younger individuals can also develop them if they spend a lot of time in the sun.
How We Treat Sun Damage and Age Spots
Thankfully, there are methods to reverse signs of sun damage and age spots for a rejuvenated, youthful complexion. At the Aesthetic Clinique, we offer a variety of treatment options, including the following.
There are a variety of chemical peels available at the Aesthetic Clinique. We offer low downtime superficial peels.
- Micropeel: A micropeel is a 2-step treatment that employs microdermabrasion and AHA customized to your skin to soften discoloration.
- Lactic acid 2%: This peel gently exfoliates and decongests the skin with hydrating. There is no downtime.
- Glycolic 20 or 30%: This peel gently resurfaces the skin for a radiant glow.
- Illuminize Peel: This mild peel from SkinMedica® is an ideal option for fading sun spots and hyperpigmentation. Unlike other peels, this peel does not result in visible peeling of the skin.
- Vitalize Peel: This SkinMedica® peel is a mild peel to banish hyperpigmentation and age spots. There is a small amount of downtime associated.
- Rejuvenize Peel: This moderate SkinMedica®peel is a great option for those looking to combat more pronounced age spots and sun damage.
- Stimulator Peel: The ZO Stimulator Peel is the ultimate “lunchtime peel” as it has no downtime associated.
- ZO Stimulator Peel Plus: The ZO Stimulator Peel Plus is essential for those with rough-feeling or dull-looking skin, thanks to its innovative blend of exfoliating components that rejuvenate and invigorate the skin.
- ZO 3-Step Peel: The ZO Medical 3-step peel is a moderate peel designed to treat all skin types to diminish hyperpigmentation and sun spots through exfoliation.
- Perfect Derma Peel: This medical-grade peel contains potent ingredients to solve an array of common skin concerns.
There are many lasers that can take care of pigmentation at the Aesthetic Clinique
- LaseMD Ultra: This non-ablative fractional laser is gentle yet effective in improving pigment, sun damage, tone and texture concerns.
- Excel V – Laser Genesis and Green Genesis: These laser treatments gently stimulate collagen production in the skin for improved skin look and feel.
- Spectra and Spectra Hollywood Peel: The Hollywood Laser Peel is a quick and comfortable carbon laser procedure created to reduce unwanted pigmentation and stimulate collagen production.
- eCO2: This laser skin resurfacing device targets age spots, fine lines and wrinkles, scars, and more for a rejuvenated appearance.
- Sciton Halo: This hybrid laser combines the power of two lasers for noticeable results. There is minimal downtime.
- Sciton BBL HERO: This treatment employs broadband light to address a variety of skin conditions, including age spots and pigmentation.
Schedule a Consultation
If you are interested in eliminating sun damage and age spots for a more even skin tone, please contact the Aesthetic Clinique today. Led by Dr. Weiner, our team of skincare specialists are here to help you achieve your individual aesthetic goals with several different modalities.