Tixel is a unique treatment that uses Thermal-Mechanical Action (TMA) technology to improve fine lines, pigmentation, and crepey skin.
Tixel is a unique treatment that uses Thermal-Mechanical Action (TMA) technology to improve fine lines, pigmentation, and crepey skin. It is not a laser, but Tixel can give laser-like results with less downtime and risks. Tixel is safe for all skin types and can treat around the eye up to the lashes without requiring claustrophobic corneal eye shield placement. Discomfort is ~2-4/10 with topical numbing creams at high settings. At low to medium settings, the procedure can be performed without any numbing. Typically, 3 treatments are recommended, about 1 month apart.
Common Areas Treated:
- Periocular (eyes) – Great for the fine lines and loose/crepey skin around the eyes. (10 minutes)
- Perioral (mouth) – For the superficial to medium depth “smokers lines” around the mouth (10 minutes)
- Full face – to help with overall skin quality, fine lines, pigmentation, and some redness (20-30 minutes)
- Neck – to improve the superficial fine lines and pigmentation (10-15 minutes)
- Acne scars – to improve superficial rolling and boxcar scars in all skin types
There is 1-3 days of mild redness without any discomfort. For ~45 minutes, your skin feels extremely warm but that is calmed with a soothing LED (LightStim or Healite) treatment in our office. At 3-4 days, there is some mild “coffee ground” flaking of the skin.
To optimize results, topical application of Rion Plated Science is recommended immediately afterwards and during the healing phase.
Tixel is also a treatment to produce channels in the skin to allow better penetration of skin treatments. Studies have shown these channels persist for 24 hours, longer than channels created from microneedling, RF microneedling, non-ablative lasers, and ablative lasers.
Explore our Face servicesView all services
Injectables & Fillers
Dr. Steven F Weiner has pioneered the technique for injecting dermal fillers.View service
A recent skin rejuvenating innovation uses radiofrequency microneedling (RFM) to reverse the aging processView service