THIS IS AVAILABLE FOR IN-OFFICE PURCHASE ONLY. TO KNOW MORE PLEASE CALL OUR OFFICE AND WE PROVIDE THE INFORMATION HERE FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE. THANK YOU!
Defyne your expression. Invest in yourself with real-life results that help maintain natural movement to help keep you looking like you.
Crafted with XpresHAn Technology™, NEW Restylane® Defyne helps smooth out deep laugh lines (nasolabial folds and marionette lines). Using innovative cross-linking technology, Restylane Defyne is a hyaluronic acid dermal filler that is able to help restore a more youthful, natural-looking appearance, while helping you maintain your natural expressions.
Restylane® Defyne is for mid-to-deep injection into the facial tissue for the correction of moderate to severe deep facial wrinkles and folds, such as nasolabial folds, in patients over the age of 21.
- Helps smooth out deep laugh lines (nasolabial folds and marionette lines).
- Helps restore a more youthful, natural-looking appearance, while helping you maintain your natural expressions.
HOW IS RESTYLANE® DEFYNE DIFFERENT?
As we age, our skin loses elasticity and the lines that run from the sides of the nose toward the corners of the mouth (nasolabial folds) and the lines that run from the corner of your mouth toward the chin (marionette lines) become more pronounced. Restylane Defyne is crafted with XpresHAn Technology™ to correct these deepened lines.3† The unique cross-linking of the gel in Restylane Defyne is also designed to help support your facial expressions—for natural-looking results that help maintain your natural movement.1,2
ARE THERE ANY REASONS WHY I SHOULD NOT USE PRODUCTS WITHIN THE RESTYLANE® FAMILY? (CONTRAINDICATIONS)
To ensure a safe procedure, your doctor will talk to you about your medical history to determine if you are an appropriate candidate for treatment. You should not use products within the Restylane family if:
- You have severe allergies with a history of severe reactions (anaphylaxis)
- You are allergic to lidocaine or to any of the gram-positive bacterial proteins used to make hyaluronic acid
- You are prone to bleeding or have been diagnosed with a bleeding disorder
- Tell your doctor if you are breastfeeding, pregnant, or trying to become pregnant. The safety of these products for use during pregnancy, or in women who are breastfeeding, has not been studied
- Restylane, Restylane-L, Restylane® Lyft with Lidocaine, Restylane Refyne and Restylane Defyne are intended to treat facial wrinkles and folds, such as nasolabial folds. Restylane and Restylane-L are also intended for lip enhancement. Treatments in other areas of the face have not been evaluated in clinical studies.
- The safety and effectiveness of Restylane® Silk for areas other than the lips and perioral area have not been evaluated in clinical studies
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of scarring, particularly thick and stiff scars, or any pigmentation (skin color) disorders. These side effects can occur with hyaluronic acid fillers in general.
- Tell your doctor if you are planning other laser treatments or a chemical peel, as there is a possible risk of inflammation at the treatment site if these procedures are performed after treatment
- Patients who experience skin injury near the site of injection with these products may be at a higher risk for side effects
- Tell your doctor if you are on any medications to decrease your body’s immune response (immunosuppressive therapy). Using these medications may increase your risk of bruising or bleeding at the gel injection site.
- Tell your doctor if you are using any “blood thinners” such as aspirin, warfarin, or any other medications that affect bleeding. Using these medications may increase your risk of bruising or bleeding at the gel injection site.
- The use of these products on gel injection sites with skin sores, pimples, rashes, hives, cysts, or infections should be postponed until healing is complete. Use of product in these areas could delay healing or make your skin problems worse.
WHAT ARE THE POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS?
The most commonly observed side effects are swelling, redness, pain, bruising, headache, tenderness, lump formation, and itching at the injection site. These are typically mild in severity and typically resolve in less than 7 days in nasolabial folds and less than 14 days in lips. Serious but rare side effects include delayed onset infections, recurrence of herpetic eruptions, and superficial necrosis at the injection site.
One of the risks with using this product is unintentional injection into a blood vessel. The chances of this happening are very small, but if it does happen, the complications can be serious, and may be permanent. These complications, which have been reported for facial injections, can include vision abnormalities, blindness, stroke, temporary scabs, or permanent scarring of the skin.
As with all skin injection procedures, there is a risk of infection.
Treatment Type: Filler, Injectables
Treatment Problem or Condition: Facial Volume Loss, Fine Lines, Wrinkles
Skin Type: Aging Skin
Size: 1 cc syringe
Restylane Defyne is indicated for injection into the mid-to-deep dermis for correction of
moderate to severe, deep facial wrinkles and folds (such as nasolabial folds) in patients
over the age of 21.
- Restylane Defyne is contraindicated for patients with severe allergies manifested by a history of anaphylaxis or history or presence of multiple severe allergies.
- Restylane Defyne may contain trace amounts of gram-positive bacterial proteins and is contraindicated for patients with a history of allergies to such material.
- Restylane Defyne contains lidocaine and is contraindicated for patients with a history of allergies to such material.
Restylane® Defyne is a sterile, biodegradable, viscoelastic, non-pyrogenic, clear, colorless, and homogeneous soft hyaluronic acid gel with a high lifting capacity. The product has a sodium hyaluronate concentration of 20 mg/mL in phosphate buffered saline at pH 7 and contains 3 mg/mL lidocaine hydrochloride.